Turmeric Extract | Organic | Kosher - 100 g
- Our carefully extracted Turmeric has a 95% curcumin value, unlike common store varieties which may only carry up to 15% value. A little goes a very long way in Ayurvedic practice.
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant of the ginger family. In flavor, turmeric has a distinctly earthy, slightly bitter, slightly spicy and peppery flavor with a distinct aroma. The active nutritional part of Turmeric is curcumin, a bioactive compound is known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-boosting properties. Our carefully extracted Turmeric has a 95% curcumin value, unlike common store varieties which commonly only have a 15% curcumin value. This is for use in Ayurveda where just a little of our Turmeric goes a long way!
- The curcumin in Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities.
- An alkalizing spice for less acidic diets.
- Used in Ayurveda to help boost the immune system.
- Mixed with coconut oil as a scalp cleanser.
- A component of lotions to help soothe sunburnt skin.
Ingredients: Turmeric Extract