Pea Protein Powder | Organic | Kosher - 5 Lb
- Our pea protein is derived from peas grown throughout Canada. The peas are grown until they are high in protein before having most of the excess starch and fibers removed and then dried to a fine powder. The result is a plant-based, Lysine rich protein powder that is easy to incorporate into drinks and baked goods.
- Our peas are grown throughout Canada where the peas prefer the temperature. The peas grow on small vines that coil around supports and grow between 1-2 meters in height. The stems of the plant are round and hollow with a waxy coating and produce self-pollinating flowers that develop into pea pods.
- Since the protein content is considerably higher when left to dry out, we harvest our peas after they have matured. When the pods are dry the peas are harvested by hand, cleaned, and sent to China to be processed. After cleaning, the peas are separated from the pods, soaked, crushed and strained to remove the liquid from the starches and fiber. This results in about 80% protein after being dried and screened for contaminants.
- Amino acids are both recognized and absorbed by the body in any form and digested as easily if not better than a whole food protein. Since there is little carbohydrates and fiber for the body to breakdown, it is able to utilize the proteins more efficiently. While pea protein is a great source of the amino acid lysine, it does not offer a full profile and is best taken with another plant-based protein such as hemp or brown rice protein.
- Use pea protein powder in smoothies, shakes, and baked goods for a healthy dose of protein.