Cashews | Whole | Organic - 5 Lb
- Ojio Organic Cashews are grown in the fertile soil and consistently warm climate of the tropics. With a sweet taste and creamy texture, Ojio Whole Cashews are a delicious way to incorporate numerous beneficial vitamins and minerals into your diet as they are a good source of Magnesium, Copper, Iron, Zinc and Vitamin K.
- Cashews grow best in tropical areas with nutrient-rich soil and warm climates. The cashew trees often have short irregularly shaped trunks, long branches, and smooth leaves and produce small pale green flowers that develop into apples with the cashew growing on the outside. When the cashew apples have ripened they become yellow and reddish in hue impart a sweet aroma they are ready to harvest.
- When the cashew apples get ripe enough they fall off the tree and onto the ground. The cashew is covered with a shell containing a potent skin irritant and needs to be thoroughly cleaned and dried before consuming.
- After the cashews have been cleaned they are ready to be steamed. Steaming the nuts softens the shell surrounding the nut and helps loosen the skin before peeling. When all the cashews have been peeled they are sent to be sorted by size and color.
- Vietnam is the easternmost country in Southeast Asia and borders China, Laos, Cambodia, and Malaysia. The regions vary in climate and experience a tropical savanna climate in the south, a monsoon climate in the central region, and a humid subtropical climate in the north. The landscape consists of highlands, coastal lowlands, rivers, mountains, and extensive forests.